We offer a suite of free, regular, online and in-person training to ensure our adopters are supported throughout their journey. If you are adopting/have adopted with any of the Family Adoption Links partners or adopted elsewhere 3 or more years ago and live within Leicestershire, Leicester, North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire, Rutland or Northamptonshire, you can book onto any of these courses…
- Therapeutic Parenting Part I & II
- The Child’s Sensory World
- Family and Friends Part I & II
- Talking about Adoption Part I & II
- Non Violent Resistance Training
- Education Passport
In addition, if you require more bespoke training, we can arrange an Assessment of Needs, source expert practitioners, and manage your application to the Adoption Support Fund.
If you feel you need support, please follow these simple steps…
- Contact your Family Adoption Links partner
- After a consultation with a Social Worker, it will be agreed whether further training/therapy/assistance is necessary and whether a Post Adoption Assessment of Needs is required
- You will then be assigned a Social Worker who will carry out the assessment
- Next, recommendations for further support may be made, which could include signposting you to other agencies or gaining access to more bespoke therapeutic services.
Thanks to the skillset of the Family Adoption Links team, we may be able to provide some of the therapeutic support you may need, this could include Theraplay, Play Therapy and Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP).