As an adopted child or young person, you may have lots of thoughts and questions running through your mind. Here at Family Adoption Links, we understand how you may be feeling and can offer you lots of hints, tips and support to help you work them through.
To start off, if you’re feeling any of the statements mentioned above, here’s some suggestions of what you could do…
Mums and Dads do understand how you might feel, why not
- Ask to share your Lifebook and talk about your feelings
- If saying things out loud is hard to do, you could leave a note for them saying how you feel
- Talk to a friend you can trust or a teacher you get on well with
- Paint or draw your feelings and thoughts
- Write some poems or start a feelings diary
- If you still feel worried or sad, get your parent to call us. We can come to see you. We will listen and try and help you with your feelings
Who else can I talk to?
If you are unhappy about anything there are lots of people you can speak to. If you would like to speak to someone other than your Mum and Dad, you can contact us directly using the details below.
Family Adoption Links Leicester
0116 454 6540 (Monday – Thursday, 10am – 2pm)
Family Adoption Links Leicestershire
0116 305 1126 (Wednesday, 9am – 12 noon)
Family Adoption Links Lincolnshire and Rutland
Family Adoption Links Northamptonshire
0300 1261008 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 4pm, Tuesday and Thursday 9am-1pm)
Family Adoption Links North Lincolnshire