Family Adoption Links Leicestershire
Adoption Assessment and Support Social Worker
Working hours Full time, 37 hours per weeek
Salary Grades 9 to 11: £27,858- £38,157 + market premium
Appointment type Permanent
Location County Hall, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester, LE3 8RF
Closing date 15 December 2022 at midnight
The work of the team is to assess and support adopters from initial visit, through the two stage assessment process, to matching and placement of children. The team also supports adopter households until the Adoption Order is made for the children. The team works closely with the Permanence Team to identify and match children requiring adoptive placements with appropriate families.
- Formal Social Work Qualification; BA/ MA/DipSW/CSS/CQSW registered with the HCPC
- Substantial experience of working within Children’s Social Care Service settings and in the provision of Fostering or Adoption Care Services
- Experience of formulating and implementing child care plans to promote positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of relevant existing legislation and in depth knowledge of Fostering/Adoption National Minimum Standards, Regulations and Guidance
- Knowledge of care planning regulations and guidance and in depth knowledge of permanency planning for children
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Can demonstrate a flexible approach and a persistence and resourcefulness to get things done
- Ability to analyse structures and systems and to make recommendations about potential improvements
- Able to use IT packages to record casework and track performance
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Ability to travel when necessary to locations throughout the County
- An understanding of, and commitment to equal opportunities, and the ability to apply this to all situations.
- Must be able to perform all the duties and tasks of the job with reasonable adjustments, where appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
Find out more